Kia Have Chosen British ChargePoint manufacturer Rolec As Their Preferred EV Charge Point Manufacturer – APi Electrical Are OLEV and Rolec-Approved Specialist EV Contractors Covering The Whole Of The North West.
KIA Motors and Rolec EV have created a brand partnership so that KIA’s expanding range of EV and PHEV customers may receive a Rolec home fast charging socket, presented in the Kia colours of white and red – fully installed, for free*. (Subject to Rolec and OLEV T & C’s).
Kia customers purchasing a new Soul EV, Optima PHEV, Optima Sports Wagon PHEV or Niro PHEV will qualify for the free* Rolec home charge point.
Some small adjustments regarding costs maybe required depending on individual installation requirements and are subject to Rolec and OLEV T & C’s, please see these below).
Terms & Conditions
OLEV EVHS Grant.
- Customers must be eligible for the OLEV EVHS £500 grant and have private off-road parking. All OLEV grant application forms can be found here: http://www.apielectrical.co.uk/application-forms/
*Standard Installation Definition:
- The Universal Socket WallPod in Kia colours.
- A maximum run of 10 metres from source of supply (consumer unit) to charge point
- The property’s consumer unit must not be RCD protected – and have a spare way available
- Cable to be surface mounted – clipped direct
- No ground works
- The property must have an earthing arrangement complying with current regulations
- The charge point must be fixed to the main property and able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangement
- The property is within 75 miles (150 miles round trip) of an approved installer or their satellite installer
- The homeowner must comply with all current OLEV EVHS Scheme T & C’s (See: http://www.apielectrical.co.uk/application-forms/ )
If your installation does not comply with the manufacturer’s ‘Standard Installation’ criteria, don’t worry – there may be some additional costs, but only ever if absolutely necessary due to electrical requirements and regulations or location.
‘3 STEPS CHECKLIST’ – to arrange a speedy installation.
· 1. Complete and Return the PQQ (Please find PQQ Sheet in our Website Footer section under ‘More Links’ ) – and self-survey pictures detailed on PQQ.
· 2. Download / Complete / Sign by Hand / Email Back to Us: The £500 OLEV Application – http://www.apielectrical.co.uk/application-forms/
· 3. Arrange Installation Date.
If You would prefer a tethered chargepoint with integrated cable and plug attached this is £50 more than the universal socket – other additional extras such as key operated facility to prevent unauthorised use etc can also be accomodated for an extra cost – details of these can be found here: http://www.apielectrical.co.uk/electric-vehicles/domestic-charging/
- APi Electrical are OLEV authorised installers
- We abide by the IET code of practice, NIC EIC and British Standards Regulations (B.S 7671) to ensure any installation complies with all the current EV charge point install regulations.
- After completion we present a (DEI) Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate after each installation is tested successfully.
- We never compromise when it comes to your safety.