Domestic Charging Overview
Electric car grant scheme criteria
What is a standard installation?
APi Electrical are registered and authorised by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
We are qualified to claim up to 75% (or a maximum of £500) from the total costs,
a saving we pass on to you!
- APi are OLEV authorised installers
- Using the IET code of practice, NIC EIC and British Standards Regulations (B.S 7671) we ensure the installation complies with all current regulations.
- We provide a (DEI) Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate after successfully testing each installation.
- We will never compromise your safety.
To help you have a better idea of any prospective costs *standard installation pricing is based on the following:
*Manufacturer’s Standard Installation’ Criteria:
- You must have an OLEV approved charge point.
- There is a maximum run of 10 metres from the distribution board to the charge point.
- The distribution board must have a spare breaker on a Non-RCD (Residual Current Device) protected unit.
- The cable must be able to be surface mounted and clipped direct to wall surface. No ground works.
- The charge point location and the car will be charging inside a garage.
- The earthing arrangement on the designated property must comply with current regulations.
- The charge point must also be fixed to the main property and be able to utilise said earthing management.
The homeowner must comply with all current OLEV Domestic Scheme terms and conditions.
Please visit our OLEV Application Forms page these forms are required to be completed for the EVHS £500 EVHS Grant Contribution.
Don’t worry if your installation falls outside any of the above ‘Standard Installation’ criteria, these criteria are based on manufacturer’s advertised prices.
‘From as little as’ – In most cases, there may be some small additional costs, but only ever if absolutely required due to regulations or location requirements.
If so, these will be itemised in our supplied quotations.